We’re looking for a HR Advisor FTC - 6 months:
Salary: up to £35,000 per annum
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday, 08.45-17.00 (40 hours) – early finish Fridays!
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire – free onsite parking and hybrid working optional
We’re looking for a HR Advisor:
As HR Advisor for Focus Brands, you will be accountable for supporting all elements of the employee experience from joining Focus Brands to taking family leave, to leaving us, and everything in between. You will guide and support the HR Assistant and HR Administrator and work closely with the Head of HR and our Talent Acquisition Manager to strategically support the business, working on engagement, wellbeing, and other key initiatives.
- Providing advice and guidance on a range of topics including, but not limited to, sickness absence management, disciplinary, grievance, performance improvement, short-service dismissal to enable fair and reasonable decisions or applications of policy by management.
- Informing employees of their rights and entitlements and keeping them up to date on any changes that are made.
- Partnering with regional functions, sharing knowledge, supporting their success, and demonstrating a united approach between the HR function and the wider business.
- Monitoring, reviewing, and updating HR policies and ensuring these are in line with current legislation.
- Supporting the HR Assistant and HR Administrator with administration, as necessary.
- Supporting engagement initiatives across the business.
- Promoting the company culture and guiding managers to always do the right thing.
- Preparation of MI reporting for the Head of HR.
- Delivering informative and engaging workshops to line managers and employees.
- Experience within a similar role.
- A passion for the HR profession.
- CIPD Qualified/Part CIPD Qualified.
- Ability to liaise with and manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills.
Focus Brands will provide you with (benefits):
- Hybrid working options
- Early finish Fridays
- Team building events and epic Christmas parties – we’re a social bunch!
- Up to 30 days holiday (FTE) plus bank/public holidays
- Access to learning & development through our parent Company, JD Sports Group
- Employee sportswear/ brand discounts
- Access to wellbeing support through healthcare cash plan & employee assistance programme
- Continental breakfast
- Range of lifestyle/ motoring benefits through our salary extras platform
- Access to an internal network of mental health first aiders
- Employee referral scheme
- Long service award (every 5 years)
Part of the JD Sports group, Focus Brands are the leader in design, sourcing, distribution, and promotion; specialising in apparel, footwear, and accessories and nurturing a range of high-profile brands such as Ellesse, Nautica, Yogi, and Peter Werth, in both the UK and international markets.
Established 25 years ago, we’ve grown fast, and we have big ambitions. To ensure each employee plays a part in our success, we’ve developed a core set of values - Create it, Own it, Deliver it, Enjoy it (acronym CODE). These values touch everything we do, motivating and inspiring our people to become better every day.