We’re looking for a Junior Product Developer:
Salary: up to £25,000 per annum (experience dependent)
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday, 08.45-17.00/08:00-16:00 (40 hours) – early finish Fridays!
Location: Huddersfield – free onsite parking
The Junior Product Developer is to work alongside the Product developers and assist with taking products from design, through the development cycle, into production.
The role will involve working across Men’s, Ladies, Childrens and accessories for multiple brands.
The successful candidate will need an understanding of patterns, fabric and fit. They should be self-motivated and have good time management with the ability to adapt and work to tight deadlines.
- Working alongside the product developers to develop a range of products across multiple brands.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external functions such as Design, Account Managers (Sales), Major Accounts Administrators, buyers, and factories.
- Working In a time efficient manner to critical path dates to ensure that the development process Is smooth and that critical dates are maintained.
- Responsible for measuring garments, creating size charts and technical packs on our PLM system. You will also be responsible for communicating comments clearly and accurately with the factories.
- Conducting fit sessions in house alongside designers and giving constructive thoughts and comments against the fit, fabric and design.
- Understanding of patterns and fit
- Experience of using Excel
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Adaptable Approach
- Early finish Fridays
- Team building events and epic Christmas parties – we’re a social bunch!
- Up to 30 days holiday (FTE) plus bank/public holidays
- Access to learning & development through our parent Company, JD Sports Group
- Employee sportswear/ brand discounts
- Access to wellbeing support through healthcare cash plan & employee assistance programme
- Range of lifestyle/ motoring benefits through our salary extras platform
- Access to an internal network of mental health first aiders
- Employee referral scheme
- Long service award (every 5 years)
Part of the JD Sports group, Focus Brands are the leader in design, sourcing, distribution, and promotion; specialising in apparel, footwear, and accessories and nurturing a range of high-profile brands such as Ellesse, Nautica, Yogi, and Peter Werth, in both the UK and international markets.
Established 25 years ago, we’ve grown fast, and we have big ambitions. To ensure each employee plays a part in our success, we’ve developed a core set of values - Create it, Own it, Deliver it, Enjoy it (acronym CODE). These values touch everything we do, motivating and inspiring our people to become better every day.