We’re looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk:
Salary: up to £26,000 per annum
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday, 08.45-17.00 (40 hours) – early finish Fridays!
Location: St Albans – free onsite parking and hybrid post 6 months probation - possibly negotiable
We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk (Accounts Payable Clerk) to join the Purchase Ledger team. You will be accountable for accounts payable; matching and coding invoices, preparing, and running BACS payments, reconciling supplier statements, and other daily duties required of the Purchase Ledger team.
Purchase Ledger Clerk Duties:
- Process supplier invoices ensuring all company procedures are adhered to and allocating invoices to the correct approvers ensuring they are coded correctly.
- Answering incoming supplier calls, resolving any queries with suppliers and reconciling supplier statements resolving any issues accordingly.
- Entering all payments in cashbooks and reconciling to the bank statement
- Prepare payments using Barclays.net, posting of all outgoing payments for overhead accounts and preparing weekly payment runs.
- Ad hoc cover/training for other team members
- Basic level of Excel.
- Query resolution experience.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills.
- Confidence and challenge and escalate when necessary.
- Analytical and numerical
- Experience maintaining cashbooks, dealing with multiple currencies.
- Experience preparing and processing of payments.
- Hybrid working options
- Early finish Fridays
- Team building events and epic Christmas parties – we’re a social bunch!
- Up to 30 days holiday (FTE) plus bank/public holidays
- Access to learning & development through our parent Company, JD Sports Group
- Employee sportswear/ brand discounts
- Access to wellbeing support through healthcare cash plan & employee assistance programme
- Continental breakfast
- Range of lifestyle/ motoring benefits through our salary extras platform
- Access to an internal network of mental health first aiders
- Employee referral scheme
- Long service award (every 5 years)
Part of the JD Sports group, Focus Brands are the leader in design, sourcing, distribution, and promotion; specialising in apparel, footwear, and accessories and nurturing a range of high-profile brands such as Ellesse, Nautica, Yogi, and Peter Werth, in both the UK and international markets.
Established 25 years ago, we’ve grown fast, and we have big ambitions. To ensure each employee plays a part in our success, we’ve developed a core set of values - Create it, Own it, Deliver it, Enjoy it (acronym CODE). These values touch everything we do, motivating and inspiring our people to become better every day.