We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk (Accounts Payable) to Join our St Albans team. As the Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will be accountable for accounts payable; matching and coding invoices, preparing, and running BACS payments, reconciling supplier statements, and other daily duties required of the Purchase Ledger team.
Purchase Ledger Clerk Duties:
- Check, code, process, scan and distribute supplier invoices
- Deal with any queries relating to invoices
- Reconcile duty invoices
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Prepare weekly payment runs
- Prepare and make payments using Barclays.net
- Interact with suppliers/bank using phone/email
- Allocate currency invoices to forward contracts
- Assist with Month End duties (accruals)
Purchase Ledger Clerk Requirements:
- At least one year of hands-on experience in accounts payable
- Microsoft Excel (Intermediate)
- Microsoft Word (Intermediate)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidence to challenge and escalate where necessary
- Commercial awareness
- Analytical and numerical
- Experience of VISUAL 2000 accounting system
- AAT qualification
- Training and development opportunities
- Team and company events
- Early finish Fridays
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Sportswear discounts
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free onsite parking
- Pension and more
We have been established for 25+ years and are rapidly growing, with offices, warehouses and showrooms based in the UK and EU. In 2017 we were acquired by JD Sports PLC, who provided us with a robust financial investment - our mission is to the to become the best international sports and fashion- lifestyle brand optimiser.
We’re the leader in design, sourcing, distribution, and promotion; specialising in apparel, footwear, and accessories. We nurture a range of high-profile brands such as Ellesse, Nautica, Yogi, and Peter Werth, in both the UK and international markets.
A diverse and inclusive environment - an equal opportunity and accredited Disability Confident employer, we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants to apply to work for us. We guarantee an interview to those who declare their disability during the application process providing they meet the essential skills for the role and will make reasonable adjustments as appropriate.