We’re looking for an 1st Line Support Engineer:
Salary: up to £25,000 per annum
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday, 08.45-17.00 (40 hours) – early finish Fridays!
Location: Huddersfield – free onsite parking
The 1st Line IT Support Engineer is accountable for providing 1st line support both in person and remotely to our internal customers that use both Windows and Apple Operating Systems.
1st Line Support Engineer:
- To resolve queries and help requests from the IT Ticketing system in accordance with the SLAs defined by the IT Manager and escalating critical and challenging cases to the 2nd Line Support Engineers when needed.
- Maintain regular communication with peers and colleagues, identifying process and service improvements and working with the IT Manager to implement change.
- Report and provide results of system tests and suggest action options based on your end-user experience.
- Effectively gauge and monitor network and service stability and reduce the number of problematic assets.
- Perform end-user system tests, troubleshooting and perform necessary repairs on client devices,
- updating firmware, OS, Security to reduce downtime and service interruptions.
- Support the IT Manager with the successful implementation of new software, hardware, and ad-hoc project developments.I
- Apple & Microsoft Operating System platform - troubleshooting, repairs, upgrades
- Apple & Microsoft hardware support - troubleshooting, repairs, upgrades
- Microsoft Active Directory (ADDC – User account management)
- Microsoft 365 Office (Word, Excel, and Teams), Admin Centre (Example - Security and Compliance)
- Adobe Suite Support
- Networking for end-users (example - patching)
- Understanding when to escalate advance cases to the 2nd Line IT Team or IT Manager when you have.
- Exhausted your knowledgebase (personal skills and documented shared knowledgebase)
- Early finish Fridays
- Team building events and epic Christmas parties – we’re a social bunch!
- Up to 30 days holiday (FTE) plus bank/public holidays
- Access to learning & development through our parent Company, JD Sports Group
- Employee sportswear/ brand discounts
- Access to wellbeing support through healthcare cash plan & employee assistance programme
- Range of lifestyle/ motoring benefits through our salary extras platform
- Access to an internal network of mental health first aiders
- Employee referral scheme
- Long service award (every 5 years)
Part of the JD Sports group, Focus Brands are the leader in design, sourcing, distribution, and promotion; specialising in apparel, footwear, and accessories and nurturing a range of high-profile brands such as Ellesse, Nautica, Yogi, and Peter Werth, in both the UK and international markets.
Established 25 years ago, we’ve grown fast, and we have big ambitions. To ensure each employee plays a part in our success, we’ve developed a core set of values - Create it, Own it, Deliver it, Enjoy it (acronym CODE). These values touch everything we do, motivating and inspiring our people to become better every day.